The TrenDesks E-1 in white is an impressive desk converter and squarely competes with the Varidesk Pro Plus 36. It is a large, 40″ wide desk that moves up and down smoothly, stopping at one inch increments. It’s movement is straight up and down, which is great for saving space and the keyboard tray moves toward and away from you… great for using the platform to sketch, read, or draw.
The E-1 is currently available for purchase on Amazon.
TrenDesks E-1 Review Summary
NotSitting.com Product Rating: 4 / 5
- Stability –
- Reliability –
- Ergonomics –
- Experience –
- Aesthetics –
The E1 is full of features that are simply not available in a single package from other manufacturers. There are also several accessories that fit perfectly with this desk
- Built in cable hooks to keep things clean in the back
- Moving keyboard tray – which helps you find the right back posture
- Straight-up-down motion
- Extreme strength and sturdiness makes mounting multiple monitors easy and safe
- It looks great in a corporate cube
A Note On Ergonomics
The ergonomics of a desktop converter are rather poor in the seated position because they sit on top of the desk and raise up the keyboard. Most office chairs are not designed to get you up high enough to have a good position for your shoulders and elbows and wrists in this situation. The only desktop converters that really solve this extend in front of your desk so the keyboard tray can extend below the desktop.
This desk received a 4-star rating for ergonomics because it does a good job of dealing with this problem with a relatively thin keyboard tray. To get a 5-star rating a desk must extend forward from the desk so that the keyboard tray is essentially level with the existing desktop.
If you want to completely eliminate this problem in your life… go with a full adjustable standing desk.
TrenDesks E1 Converter Stats
This desk converter is very solid and you will be impressed by its weight, stability, and stance. It supports users over 6′ in height very well.
- Work surface: 40 inches x 23 inches
- Work surface height: 6 inches to 19 inches, suitable for users over 6′ tall
- Base depth: 22 inches
- Weight: 60 lbs
- Movement: Two gas cylinders, 12 set points
- Keyboard Tray: 29 inches x 12 inches, forward and back manual movement
- Frame: Steel
- Capacity: 45 pounds
- Built in cable organizer
- Arrives pre-assembled, minus the accessories
TrenDesk E1 Standing Desk Accessories
Monitor arms, phone holders, wireless keyboards, and wireless mice are all popular accessories with standing and adjustable desks. This desk converter does not disappoint with its range of available accessories from TrenDesks:
- 3-port power strip that mounts to the desk
- Cell and tablet holder
- Document stand panel with converts the Cell holder to a document or notebook holder
- Dual and single monitor arms (though you have space for up to 3 17″ monitors
What We Like And Don’t Like
This is a really sturdy desk, beyond what is coming from other manufacturers at this point. The white and silver fits right in with corporate America office spaces and the available accessories just work, relieving the burden of needing to shop around and research to find something that fits. The keyboard tray movement is a really nice differentiation.
We also love how this desk converter works for users over 6 feet tall. Few desk converters have such a high range of motion.
One mention goes to the size of the keyboard tray as well. Many desktop converters have small keyboard trays. Some barely have room to hold a full size keyboard and mouse. This converter has a great amount of space, you can even put your coffee cup on it and rest your hands on the front if you like.
Some drawbacks to this desk are:
- The tray design effectively raises the keyboard height 1″ when in the fully down position. This is a drawback of all desk converters of this design.
- The desktop surface is not smooth… there are screw or bolt covers on the desktop where it mounts to the frame. This ads strength and removes some cleanness from the look
Whichever desk converter you choose, be sure to find one that is as strong and versatile as the TrenDesks E-1.
The TrenDesk Power Strip
Before we wrap up, the TrenDesk power strip is worth a look as you are scoping out desk converters. This power strip accessory has three standard three prong outlets and two USB charging outlets. At it’s price point it beats the competition and it mounts fully under the desk converter without getting in the way. Some converters cannot handle a power strip while other require a clamp or through-desk mount. If you would like to solve the many-cord problem of your work-space this will help a lot.